Stand All Day at Work? You Really Need to See This...
Calling all people who stand all day for a living...those in retail, construction workers, teachers, first responders, pharmacists, waiters and waitresses, cooks, mothers, medical, those in the military, and so many countless others. You guys are well-aware of the aches, pains, and physical exhaustion that standing can cause. We're here to tell you that there are several forms of relief (other than popping pain relievers all day) that can really make a difference in feeling better.
- REALLY Good Shoes – This may seem obvious, but we can't stress enough, that above all, investing in shoes with excellent support is paramount – in other words: DO NOT cheap out! The last thing you want is plantar fasciitis – and if you've experienced the horrific pain, you know how crucial good support is. And seriously, ditch the flats, heels, and flip flops – they are causing you a lot of unneeded pain.
- Work on Your Posture – Stand up straight and tall with your stomach tucked in, head up, and shoulders pulled back. Good posture REALLY makes a difference in how your body feels.
- Orthotics – Good orthotics for your shoes can make an amazing difference in your overall body feeling good. They can actually help your posture, keeping things aligned which relieves stress on muscles and joints.
- Stretching During the Day – Hamstring, calf, glute, and lower back stretches helps to circulate the blood and keep you loose. Just a few times a day can help tremendously.
- Wearing Compression Garments – Compression sleeves (knees, elbows and ankles), socks, and back braces have been shown to help provide circulatory support for muscle stiffness, soreness and pain – reduce recovery time for aching muscles – and reduce strain and fatigue by keeping muscles warm.
Of course, there's other things like staying hydrated (to reduce lactic acid build-up) and getting proper rest – all of which can help you feel good while performing your best. Now get back to work!
Copper Fit BALANCE™ - It's the premium, full-length performance orthotic insole crafted to help improve stability, posture, and alignment. When worn, BALANCE helps relieve foot and body aches and pains, relieve plantar fasciitis strains, and correct mild to modern over pronation. Podiatrist designed, Copper Fit Balance carries a semi-rigid base with a deep heel cup and adaptive arch support calibrated for optimal flexibility. The support is layered with a copper-infused top fabric to reduce foot odors.